Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My final doctor visit!

I had my FINAL doctor appointment this afternoon (late, hence the late post!). Things are good.. baby is great, obviously very comfy + content. I gained 2 pounds and am blaming that on Easter goodies and dinner — and so worth it! In total this whole pregnancy I have gained 25 pounds! Not to bad! That is about 20 pounds less than I did with Ben.

I saw a new doctor today and it was refreshing to talk to someone different. I thought it would be the opposite, but he was great. We discussed the problems I have had with the headaches/seeing spots and why it would be happening. Normally they wouldn't induce (or even think about an induction) until at least a week, unless there were reasons to be concerned. And this is why I brought it up. I was glad he took me seriously and didn't brush it off as "just a minor migraine".

The funniest part is that he compared me to 'a piece of toast that is starting to smoke' — everything is good to a certain point, there is no fire, but don't want to make any possible problems cause stress on the baby, especially during delivery. Not to mention it is obviously cooked! He sent me for some more blood work (which I got done in record time at the hospital!) so that they would have the results faster rather than going to the BC Bio Lab. Oh, and he guesstimated the baby to be "big average", meaning 8+ pounds. We'll see!

So! My good news is that Friday morning at 7:30 I go in for my induction! At the end of the appointment, which lasted WAY longer than any other appointment with my reg. doctor, he asked me if I was okay with that, how I felt, etc, and if I was comfortable with him doing it as I had never seen him before. I glanced at Mike and I think we both thought at the same time "I don't care who does it just get it out!"!

Can't wait to meet this *stubborn* little trixster of a baby!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

It must be such a relief to have a confirmed date, the end of the road.
I am glad that you had a great experience with the Dr. I am excited to hear your birth story!Its so exciting!

Jasmyne said...

Excellent C!
Yay you sound so relieved!
Baby is gonna be here soon.

Now have the heart to belly talk telling him/her if they want to pick their own birthday that they had better hurry up like I did with Logan!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Yay - such great and awesome news!

so glad the new doc was someone you felt comfortable with and that he gave you the attention that you needed to feel comfortable with the whole situation!!

Allyson said...

Cynthia, Mike and Ben, Friday will be a great day to have a Baby, but knowing your little Trixster, she/he will come before that! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will.
Good for you on the weight gain honey. That is super.
Sleep tight and sweet little dreams! xxxooo

cathy said...

Yay! Yay! Double Yay!! Baby day is coming up fast!!

LauraC said...

Friday is Jon's birthday... but can you hold out until Saturday because that is MY birthday!!

Kidding of couse, having been "full-term" for a month with my boys, I know the discomfort you must feel.

Kerry said...

You gained 45lbs with Ben!?!?! No way! I'm thinking that was a typo! But rock on anyways, 25lbs must have those doctors clapping and giving you a bow. :)

28th...28th...I wonder who guessed that day???

hahahahahah!

AmberW said...

Woooohooooo baby day is tomorrow! I am SO excited for you and your little family :) Can't wait to hear a wonderful birth story... and see pics of your newest addition :) wooohooo!

AmberW said...

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT wait to see pictures Miss Cynthia!! :) And hear the whole story!